[Vorbis-dev] libvorbis 1.2.0 release candidate

Sebastian Pipping webmaster at hartwork.org
Tue Jul 24 08:08:59 PDT 2007

Ralph Giles wrote:
> Monty has made some improvements to the vorbis reference implementation,
> and we're ready to do a new release. Please sanity check the release
> candidate at
>
>   http://people.xiph.org/~giles/2007/libvorbis-1.2.0rc2.tar.bz2
>
> And let us know if there are any problems. The plan is to make an
> official release on Wednesday.

I ran

   ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/install && make && make install

here and got this one:

  /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
'libvorbisfile.la'
'/home/sebastian/Desktop/libvorbis-1.2.0rc2/install/lib/libvorbisfile.la'
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libvorbisfile.la' to a
directory not ending in /usr/local/lib
  /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
'libvorbisenc.la'
'/home/sebastian/Desktop/libvorbis-1.2.0rc2/install/lib/libvorbisenc.la'
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libvorbisenc.la' to a directory
not ending in /usr/local/lib

I never had trouble installing a lib to a custom prefix before.
I am overlooking some stupid mistake of mine?
I have Ubuntu 7.04 32bit x86 over here.

Sebastian