[Vorbis-dev] Re: [Vorbis] A Macromedia Shockwave Flash-based Ogg player?

David M. Cotter dave at kjams.com
Tue Jan 16 09:35:10 PST 2007

> I've been trying to get in touch with Adobe for a while to see what
> can be
> done regarding Vorbis et al support in Flash

i'm not on the flash team, but i can push a little from where i am to
see what the story is.  From what i understand, a major goal of flash
is to 1) keep the size down to the minimum and 2) not have it depend
on anything.

because of 2, we can't have folks having to install XiphQT
separately, it would have to come as part of the flash installer.
because of 1, we are loath to include anything more than absolutely
necessary.  considering we already have an audio solution built into
flash, it becomes less than absolutely necessary to include yet
another audio solution.

------
David M. Cotter
mailto:david.cotter at adobe.com
Interface Surgeon, After Effects             http://www.adobe.com/
aftereffects
Adobe Systems, Inc.                                             (206)
675-7437