[Vorbis-dev] 5.1 surround channel coupling

Sebastian Olter qduaty at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:59:26 PST 2007

Now I'm in doubt on how to distinguish between myself and my German
(?) colleague-in-name.

2007/2/28, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
> Regarding Sebastian Gesemann's panner patch.
>
> Is there any reason why the panner shouldn't have a default
> configuration matching the standard ITU layout and only expose the
> fully flexible layout as an advanced option?

Despite this :P the "itu5.1" layout in my --sources option matches in
fact the Microsoft layout, following the WAVE-EX spec. Most of
existing sources use the AC3 channel mapping instead, so there is also
a "5.1ac3" value to switch between the two. In general, --sources and
--sinks are a bit easier to experiment with than e.g.

--advanced-encode-option sources=itu5.1 --advanced-encode-option sinks=3

and from the other hand, advanced options apply to Vorbis rather than oggenc.