[Vorbis-dev] 5.1 surround channel coupling

Sebastian Olter qduaty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:18:18 PST 2007

2007/2/23, Richard Lee <ricardo at justnet.com.au>:
> But I don't see where you encode all this into Vorbis.  Is this still to be decided?

This code is implemented as a filter for oggenc - it inserts itself
into the processing pipeline. See setup_pan() and read_pan(). And
remember to use the new version - it now supports up to 3rd order.

> And am I asking the right people about frequency banding and phase?  If I'm in the wrong place, please tell me to go forth & multiply.

This list is definitely correct if we talk about people who can
improve Vorbis codec, but the question is whether they want to.
Vorbis' surround application stands in its place from at least five
years; there were no common tools to easily encode/decode Ambisonics
till now.