[Vorbis-dev] Clarification on MIME types

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Aug 28 11:44:48 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 07:45:02PM +0100, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:

> audio/ogg for Ogg FLAC, Speex, Vorbis, Ghost with a disposition type
> thrown in in the mix?

I thought we had decided on this, without the disposition type?
Basically copying the mpeg scheme.

> Or audio/ogg+flac, audio/ogg+speex, audio/ogg+vorbis, etc?

I think this is silly. video/ogg+dirac+vorbis+cmml? There is a published
RFC for codec hinting, btw. You could reference that on this point, but
I don't think it should be required.

> This concern applies as well to video/ogg, but not to application/ogg,
> because it would be impossible to track all possible mixes that might
> go in .ogx

I also thought we'd agreed to drop .ogx?

 -r