[Vorbis-dev] RE: encode, decode and encode again

Aleksey Surkov Aleksey_S at abbyy.com
Fri Sep 15 05:08:48 PDT 2006

Hi, R.L. Horn!

>>> Are you sure the .wav files being produced at the intermediate step
>>> are valid?
>> Yes, they are valid. I can play it.
>That's not a sufficient test of validity.

How can I check them sufficiently?

>> More, after converting (changing frequency) by CDex the files can be
>> compressed again correctly.
>That tends to support the "bad wav file" (or at least something your
code isn't handling) theory.

Could you tell me more about what is "bad wav file"?
It can help me to understand troubles with recompressing.

>Following the data chunk are 'bext', 'minf', 'elm1', 'regn', 'ovwf',
and 'umid' chunks.
>These will cause problems if your code isn't skipping unrecognized
chunks.

Thanks a lot! The bug with this file was really here.
Recompression I`ll check in odd-come-shortly, but I don`t sure, that
decisions are the same.