[Vorbis-dev] Re: [theora-dev] VP3 question

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Sat Oct 21 03:45:19 PDT 2006

VP3 is no longer maintained as far as I know. If somehow possible I'd
advise to use Ogg Theora instead.

However, it may be that your VP3 version is simply buggy (the quality
you achieve is well below the quality I encountered with plain VP3).
There once was a link on theora.org to "legacy" VP3 binaries that
received some fixes, but the files seem to be gone. Anybody knowing
where they went to?

Maik