[Vorbis-dev] Where to put ported (embedded DSP) versions of Vorbis?

Brewster LaMacchia brewster at mds.com
Tue Mar 14 07:21:04 PST 2006

Hi all,

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post, but I haven't come up with a
good answer to this question yet.

MDS did a port of Vorbis to the Philips TriMedia processors. Others
have taken that port and extended/fixed it a bit.

We provide the code to anyone who asks, but at this point we think it
would be better off in some sort of public repository so that patches
can be maintained, etc.

There doesn't seem to be a centralized list of the various vorbis
ports that might be floating around out there?  Any suggestions as
what we should do with the code? Create a project on sourceforge?

Thanks,

Brewster