[Vorbis-dev] Re: Where should I put an Bugreport of OggEnc

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sun Jun 25 18:42:13 PDT 2006

Heino Tiedemann wrote:

>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vorbis-dev&m=113318093909270&w=2
>>
>> At the bottom of that trac.xiph.org link mentioned, there's the option
>> to download the patch as a unidiff. If you apply and recompile, it'll
>> work again.
>
> Okay, I'm a patch newbie:
>
> Save as what?

If you choose the "unidiff" link at the bottom of that above mentioned
page, you'll be positioned at:

http://trac.xiph.org/changeset/10080?format=diff

If you then choose "save page as" you'll be offered to save the patch as
"Changeset100080.diff"

> How to patch?

$ cd /where/ever/vorbis-tools-1.1.1
$ patch -p2 < /where/ever/you/saved/it/Changeset10080.diff

It might complain a bit about carriage returns; not a problem. Ofcourse,
you can indeed also just take the current CVS version (if it compiles, I
don't know) as I just saw Ian Malone describe.

Rene.