[Vorbis-dev] Re: Where should I put an Bugreport of OggEnc

Kyungjoon Lee kjoonlee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 09:49:39 PDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de> wrote:
> The Same Bug (used --title tag):
> ,----
> | oggenc audio.wav -o audio.ogg --title "Over Ägirs Vidstragte Sletter"
> `----
>
> In my Player (xmms or winamp) is the Ä replaced by sharp(#).
>
> Is it Possible, that oggenc can only work with UTF-8? How knows the
> player (xmms, Winamp) what charset was used during creation?

Running vorbiscomment from the command-line tells me that
vorbiscomment converts characters to UTF-8. I think oggenc should do
something similar, but I have no idea why it's not working for you.

If it were Korean characters, I'd blame XMMS font problems, but if you
see this in Winamp *and* vorbiscomment -l with ISO 8859-1, then I
don't know what to say.

All tag contents in Vorbis comments should be UTF-8.