[Vorbis-dev] Re: Where should I put an Bugreport of OggEnc

Heino Tiedemann rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de
Sun Jun 25 07:02:35 PDT 2006

"Kyungjoon Lee" <kjoonlee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/25/06, Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de> wrote:
>> The problems eare with some speciel charakters - used in Europe
>> (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Austria, etc..)
>
> Hi, could you tell us how you created the files, please? The more
> detailed the description the better. Thank you. :)

I am using KAudioCreator (KDE), and that uses oggenc.

OggEnc v1.0.2
Qt: 3.3.6
KDE: 3.5.3
KAudioCreator: 1.13

> Since EasyTAG is for GTK, I assume you're using *nix.

Sorry, yes Unix: FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

> Does your locale
> currently support those characters?

Yes, it is "de_DE.ISO8859-15"
At least it shuld support the german/austrian chars like ÄÖÜäüöß

> oggenc should definitely work fine
> if your locale is UTF-8.

Thanks für the tipp, but then /it is/ a bug,

de_DE.ISO8859-15
de_DE.ISO8859-1

should also work with the chrakters from germany and Austria (and
Switzerland?) äöüÄÖÜ

One Question: Has the locale responsable für the moment of the
/creation/ of the Ogg-Vorbis-file?

Because: I took some ogg File on my stick to a Windows computer at
work and played them with winamp. Also the Sharp (#) instead of the
charcter.

Heino