[Vorbis-dev] patch to support oggskeleton in libvorbis.

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 08:47:23 PDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Tahseen Mohammad <tahseen.mohammad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have made a patch to support libvorbis to allow parsing a vorbis bitstream
> in an ogg bitstream
> containing additional bitstreams. The patch is attached in the given ticket
>  http://trac.xiph.org/ticket/925#preview
>
> from my experiment it successfully decodes a normal vorbis file and a
> vorbis+skeleton+cmml file.
> thanks in advance for reviewing it.

Nice to see someone working on this, so far it's what I was planning
to do if I'd had time.

The bitstream boundary test in vorbisfile.c is still needed, so you
can deal with chained files.  Since you know all the serial numbers
in the current physical bitstream (having read them at bos) that's
trivial.  Seeking still needs to be addressed I think (isn't there
some bisection search somewhere there?  The same rule
should apply though; test vs. known serials).

--
imalone