[Vorbis-dev] minor Vorbis specification amendment proposal

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Jul 20 09:26:24 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:56:48PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Vorbis has 3 "global" header packets, while generic containers generally
> have only a single global header per stream

I think this is a useful idea, but giving specific parse rules to try on
*any* container format seems unwise. I'd rather see an appendix
documenting a standard embedding proceedure for various other
containers, and perhaps some guidelines for creating new mappings
including the parsability information you included.

Would you be willing to write up and contribute something like that?

 -r