[Vorbis-dev] padding in comment header

Kyungjoon Lee kjoonlee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 20:32:47 PST 2006

On 2/5/06, John Edwards <john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> My 'oggenc2.8' has provided the option of adding padding to the header
> for quite some considerable time, now. The source is at Rarewares, if
> anyone is interested.

But your version of oggenc is the only program that I know which
honours padding. Peter Pawlowski's in_vorbis used to support padding
at some point, but only very briefly, and rather unsuccessfully, at
that.

If you want this feature to catch on, the best way to see it happen
would be to make sure the feature is available in the reference
implementation; any/all of Xiph libvorbis, libvorbisfile,
vorbiscomment, and oggenc.