[Vorbis-dev] padding in comment header

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:36:17 PST 2006

Having looked through the archives I've come to the conclusion that
to do padding for comments (in a file tagging context) the simplest
solution is to zero pad the comment header packet to fixed length[1]
and regenerate pages from #2 up to the first one containing the setup
header. Is this correct?

Not very closely related: should doing ogg_stream_pagein followed
by while(ogg_stream_pageout()>0) on a stream work (I could check
the code, but I'm sure someone here will just know), or must page
in/out always be followed by the complimentary packet in/out?

[1] i.e. some stepped length depending on the size of contents you'll
have; along the lines 325 bytes content => 512 bytes of comment header,
attempt to get 513 bytes content => 1024 bytes of comment header
(change => rewrite).  With possibly the default choice being a rewrite if
the header will be ridiculously sparse.

--
imalone