[Vorbis-dev] ogg123 - remote control interface

"-+:cundrak" at mail.bluetone.cz "-+:cundrak" at mail.bluetone.cz
Sat Dec 16 12:51:18 PST 2006

Hi Conrad,

good to hear from you. I have used patch from Richard van Paasen
(http://www.t3i.nl/shareware/) which can be downloaded here:
http://www.t3i.nl/php/blogdload.php?file=vorbis-tools-1.0-remote-patch.tgz
I'll attach this patch to the ticket, you have mentioned in your email.
The only problem is, that the patch is for vorbis tools 1.0
I have used this patch for vorbis tools 1.0.1, when I developed my SW,
and had to patch the release manually, because the code was too
different from 1.0 to patch it with the patch script. So I assume the
patch will now have to be changed quite a lot to patch current version
(1.1.1), but I don't know in what stage the code is.

You asked what I'm using ogg123 for, well that's simple. I have created
a standalone mp3 and vorbis player from old CD player. The frontend is
controlled by the CD player's keys and communicates with a small LCD
display, and ogg123 + mpg123 through remote interface. Now I'm actually
working on extending this player to Internet radios, so I created
ICY-patch for mpg123 (www.mpg123.de) for reading shoutcast (and icecast)
metadata from the stream. I would also like to port this patch to
ogg123, so it would be able to use this metadata too, but I have decided
to start with the remote interface first getting into the main trunk.
This is why I actually started posting into this maillist.

Honza