[Vorbis-dev] Fwd: Newbie q: decoupling vorbis from ogg

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 00:41:04 PDT 2005

On 9/15/05, Nathaniel Gray <n8gray at gmail.com> wrote:

> If, on the other hand, I'm completely
> disconnected from the container format and just have a buffer
> containing one or more raw vorbis packets (as I believe will be the
> case in the AudioCodec) is there a comparably simple way to get the
> ogg_packet struct filled out?  Or perhaps this is where the bitpacker
> ceases to be an internal dependency and I have to start reading the
> vorbis spec closely... :-/

Replying to myself, I see that vorbis packets contain no sequence
number information, so something needs to be passed from the container
unwrapper for seeking to work properly.  Hmm, I guess it's time to dig
into the Core Audio/Quicktime docs a bit deeper and see how that's
done.

Am I reaching the right conclusion here?

Thanks again,
-n8