[Vorbis-dev] Fwd: Newbie q: decoupling vorbis from ogg

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:49:39 PDT 2005

From: Nathaniel Gray <n8gray at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 14, 2005 11:30 AM
Subject: Newbie q: decoupling vorbis from ogg
To: vorbis-dev at lists.xiph.org

Hi,

Sorry if this is a newbie question.  I'm trying to write an OS X
AudioCodec for Vorbis using libvorbis.  I'm confused about the
libvorbis dependency on libogg.  I thought the vorbis spec didn't
require ogg as the container, but the libvorbis API requires ogg data
structures in various synthesis layer functions like
vorbis_synthesis_headerin.  Is this library only intended to be used
with ogg containers or is there a way to use it without ogg?

Thanks,
-n8