[Vorbis-dev] nodebytes,leafwords

Ashok ashokb at blr.pin.phililps.com
Mon Nov 28 03:12:39 PST 2005

hello all,

we are developing and porting vorbis1decoder on a 24 bit
platform. in the process we came across somedoubts about
node bytes and leaf words.

from the specification we got that we are arranging
the huffman codeword tree into an array. the nodebytes are the
number of bytes that are required to represent a node and
leafwords are the no. of bytes required to represent the leaf
i.e the actual codeword.

is this interpretation correct? if i am wrong please explain
me what exactly the nodebytes and leafwords represent and their
significance in the huffman codeword tree arrangement.

we downloaded 250 test vectors. when we are deocding we got the
maximum codeword length as 22 bits. practically, what is the maximum
codeword length that is possible?

looking forward for your suggestions..

regards
ashok.