[Vorbis-dev] Big issue regarding channel order mapping in 5.1has been reported

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Nov 28 08:18:42 PST 2005

Michael Smith wrote:

>On 11/28/05, Ivo Gonçalves <ivo_mmm at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I know there's a bug tracker, and that is exactly the reason why I am
>>posting this on the dev list. There has been a report from one of the foobar
>>developers regarding oggenc on the HA forums, but he later posted it at the
>>bug tracker as well. Three weeks have passed and no one seems to have
>>noticed it was there.
>>

>I saw it, but it was a pretty incoherent report. As far as I know,
>there is no vorbis spec for channel position mapping, and no
>references were given, so it's hard for oggenc to be "wrong" there.
>
>The bugtracking system is also really bad at bugtracking, which is
>part of the reason I haven't replied there.
>
>Mike

out of curiosity: why not officially and explicitly specify the channel
ordering?
having an important feature like this undefined leads to a lot of problems.
Since most hardware out there deals with AC3's mapping, why not reusing
the same?

even AAC has this problem, that is a nightmare to  deal with.

Bye,

    Nico

 Sponsor:
 vieni a conoscere le 2000 aziende del Canavese, prodotti e servizi dal settore alimentare fino a quello tessile
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3608&d=28-11