[Vorbis-dev] Re: vcedit on non-vorbisI streams

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 07:17:27 PST 2005

Ian Malone wrote:
> I've been looking at modifying vcedit so it will
> work on Ogg streams containing primarily Vorbis
> data

<snip>

> It does shuffle non-bos pages before the end of the last Vorbis
> header about, but in a sensible stream the relative order of pages
> from different codecs at this point shouldn't matter. (data is
> primarily Vorbis, and we haven't started reading it yet here)

In fact, Issues and practices for multiplexed Ogg streams:

After the pages representing stream headers (all logical stream headers
occur at the beginning of a physical bitstream section before any
logical stream data), logical stream data pages are arranged in strict,
monotonically increasing order of chronological absolute time as
specified by the granule position.

Is a more concrete way of putting it.
--
imalone