[Vorbis-dev] Syntax for vorbis in AVI file?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun May 8 21:14:59 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:07:35PM +0900, Hojae Choi wrote:

> I'm a new-bee at Vorbis codec, and trying to implement a decoder with
> AVI file as it's input.
> Anybody can let me know the syntax of vorbis in AVI file format?

I've never seen anything published. Google suggests that avifile could
do this at some point; you might check its source code. Do let us know
if you find something.

In general I think there were problems with both VBR audio and the
decoder setup header packets at the beginning of the stream. We
generally recommend people use the native Ogg container.

 -r