[Vorbis-dev] Lacing Values

Christopher Egner disciplezero-nl at syrrax.com
Thu Jun 2 13:09:14 PDT 2005

I noticed that, when decoding an ogg vorbis file that was encoded with
the xiph library, that the comment header and setup header are encoded
on one page. Okay, the vorbis documentation says you can do this, no
problem. My question is, the lacing values seem to indicate where the
packet boundaries for the two of these are, is this required, or is this
just a hint?

Further, I'm seeing that the lacing values for audio packets are rather
wild. A hex string looks like: 9D 9893 FFFF 08FF FF15 5352 514E 5595
8F92 FFFF 1BFF FF11 FFF8 FF

Thats a set of lacing values for one page. Is this also giving me hints
(or perhaps an absolute) as to where to find packet boundaries?

Thanks -
Christopher