[Vorbis-dev] Ogg Vorbis on DSP platform?

Gerold Schrutz G.Schrutz at idsa.de
Thu Jul 28 01:03:30 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'd like to develop a codec for the Ogg Vorbis algorithm on a DSP
(controller?) hardware platform.

We've got 2 (3) main applications:
1) the codec should be used for 2 channel simultaneous message
recording/playback on flash EPROM.
2) the codec should be used for streaming audio over IP or Ethernet/intranet
networks.
3) for large system, the PC should serve as a storing device

We are looking for soft- and hardware, we can integrate into our system. Our
system has got a coldfire controller running Linux. On a system bus we are
able to plug in different module like DSP's, ADC's, DAC's, other controllers

Here are some questions:
* What resources do I need in terms of DSP-Power, internal/external memory,
...?
* do I get the source code? (I need to adapt it to my application)
* Are there codecs only for single channels? (I need two independent audio
channels)
* How about streaming software?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

G. Schrutz

----
Ing.-Büro für dig. Signalverarbeitung
idsa, Gerold Schrutz             Phone: +49 9961 942662
Herrnberger Weg 20              FAX:    +49 9961 942663
D-94360 Mitterfels             Email:  G.Schrutz at idsa.de