[Vorbis-dev] Reg. page_sequence_number in the ogg header.

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Fri Jul 29 13:09:43 PDT 2005

Hi,
I was looking at some of the vorbis-ogg music files using hexedit.
I am a bit confused about this filed "page_sequence_number" that appears
in the header for ogg. From RFC3533 the definition of this field is:
"page_sequence_number: a 4 Byte field containing the sequence
       number of the page so the decoder can identify page loss.  This
       sequence number is increasing on each logical bitstream
       separately.
"
 From the above I gather that every new page will have a page number
that increases sequentially for example, 1, 2, 3, 4 .. etc.

However when i peek into the actual ogg files containing vorbis encoded
data, i see the sequence numbers to increase as
0, 4, 8, 9, 15, 18 etc.. and not sequentially.,,.
Is there any particular reasone for this?
Shashank