[Vorbis-dev] Question about the identification header

Simon OUALID symon at tatouage.fr
Thu Jul 28 10:48:03 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm writing a little API in java that read/write ogg's comments (in the
comment header), as well as reading the information header. All the
"read" part is done and is working well, but I am having a little
problem while coding the "write" part of the API.

In the docs (I use
http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/Vorbis_I_spec.html#id4726648), I
founded everything I want but there is still some bytes in the
identification header that I can't understand. And I saw (using some app
to write tags), thats these bytes change when the comments header length
change, I guess that it is the file length or something, but I can't
find anything about them in the docs (I'm sure that I just don't found
the right part...).

Those bytes are located between the end of the identification header
(after the framing flag bit), and the comment header (at the 0x03,
following by the 'vorbis' bytes).

How the datas are organised here, what they represent ? Any help would
be appreciated, I just need to know what I have to write here... :)

Thanks in advance,

Simon