[Vorbis-dev] Status of Windows builds for libvorbis/libogg

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Wed Jan 5 18:04:14 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andre Pang" <Andre.Pang at csiro.au>
To: <vorbis-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:29 PM
Subject: [Vorbis-dev] Status of Windows builds for libvorbis/libogg

>     2.  Along with the Visual C++ 6.0 projects (the .dsp/.dsw files), it
> would be good Visual Studio .NET 2003 solution and project files
> (.vcproj/.sln), so that Windows developers who are using the more recent
> versions of Visual Studio can compile stuff too.  Zen (illiminable) has
> already done this in the oggdsf/ tree.  I think the best approach would be
> to coordinate with him and the respective codec maintainers on getting the
> VS.NET 2003 files into the original ogg/vorbis/theora/speex/(flac?) trees,
> not only so that we gain support

The reason i've never worried about getting my current project files into
the tree is they reference each other in a way specific to my tree.

ie the include paths point to other places in my tree, that wouldn't exist
unless they have my tree.

Also because of the size of my project... i build against MT DLL's (which
brings with it the penalty of distributing 700k of runtimes) but when it's
spread over 70 libraries as it is in my case, it's actually better than the
static alternative.

But for someone just wanting to build the xiph tools, they would be better
built against MT Static runtimes.

I actually prefer that my project files aren't in the main tree, since it
lets me randomly make changes to configurations to optimise for my project
without having to worry about how that affects anyone else who wants to use
them.

Though certainly copy my project files as a examples, and perhaps check
those modified versions in.

Zen.