[Vorbis-dev] Query on Tremor-lowmem version

valmick.guha at wipro.com valmick.guha at wipro.com
Sun Feb 6 20:46:37 PST 2005

Hi,

While following the developer mailing list, I came across
"tremor-lowmem" version. I did some search of it in Xiph.org  and
"tremor" source code but wasn't able to find it. I would like to know if
there is any separate thread for the "tremor-lowmem" version as we are
working on the fixed point implementation of Vorbis code and we are
looking forward for very low memory implementation. So it will be
helpful if someone can give me the pointers to the "tremor-lowmem"
version.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Valmick

P.S: I am attaching the mail from the mailing list below for reference.

<yuhchin at ms63.hinet.net> wrote:

>> As to tremor fixed-point implementation, i got several questions, and

>> hopefully some one can help me out. Thanks a lot!

>> 1. For DSP chips with small and limited memory, how much memory do we

>> really need for saving all codebooks before we start to decode audio

>> packets? Can the bit-rate give us some clues?

>> Is there some simple guidelines for this?

>This depends mostly on what decoder you use. The Tremor-lowmem version
is specifically tuned to use as little memory as >possible. I believe it
typically requires somewhere around 40-60 kB total heap+stack for
decoding.

>It's always possible to create pathological streams that require much
more memory, but it's generally considered >reasonable for
memory-limited devices to refuse to play those.

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately