[Vorbis-dev] artifacting with many channels

Ethan Fenn ethan at harmonixmusic.com
Fri Dec 30 14:25:59 PST 2005

More info:

I tried disabling the "zero floor" optimization on the encoding side -
specifically, in the function floor1_fit, I replaced "if(nonzero)" with
"if(1)".  This seems to have fixed the problem.  Does this help explain
anything?  Is this a safe change to make?  Is there something better I
can do to get the same effect?

-Ethan

  _____