[Vorbis-dev] lib for compiling encoder_example.c

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Dec 16 21:03:40 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 08:47:27PM -0800, Lion Heart wrote:
> where do i can get these files
> -libogg.lib,
> -libvorbis.lib,
> -libvorbisenc.lib
> should i compile it on my own ?

Yes. We don't (yet?) have binaries for MS Windows from any recent
releases.

> How do i compile it ?

To build libogg.lib, you need the libogg source:

  http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/ogg/libogg-1.1.3.zip

To build the vorbis .libs you use the source in the lib/ directory of
the same package where you found encoder_example.c, or get the latest:

  http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/vorbis/libvorbis-1.1.2.zip

> In step by step explanation please..

I can't really help you with that. The latest releases have vcproj files
(under win32/VS2003/) so if you're using a recent version of MS Visual
Studio you can use those. Otherwise, try the older files in the win32/
directory, or look at the list of files for each target in
lib/Makefile.am (src/Makefile.am for libogg) and try constructing your
own project for them.

You might also try checking out http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/XiphWin32SDK/
from the respository, which is I think supposed to build everything
together, but I'm not sure what state that's in.

Good luck, and please ask again if you have more specific questions,
 -r