[Vorbis-dev] A few questions how to use libogg

Arjan Knepper arjan.knepper at hacousto.com
Wed Dec 7 05:41:09 PST 2005

1.) after initializing a ogg_stream_state may I just keep calling
ogg_stream_packetin with valid ogg_packet's until no more ogg_packets
needs to be added? Or do I need to call ogg_stream_pageout after every
ogg_stream_packetin? Iaw may I delay calling ogg_stream_pageout until
there are no more packets to be added?

2.) I assume I have call ogg_stream_pageout until no more pages can be
created and then call ogg_stream_flush if there are still bits left to
be 'paged'?

3.) Do I need to manually set the e_o_s of the last packet added?

4.) may I call ogg_stream_init again on a already used ogg_stream_state
struct to reuse it?

5.) Is it possible to start decoding a ogg_stream which has not yet been
fully constructed iaw there are still packet's added an pageout to be
called on the stream?

Thanks,
Arjan