[Vorbis-dev] improving vorbis compression with arithmetic coding and by exploiting temporal redundancies

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at programozo.hu
Wed Aug 31 11:05:19 PDT 2005

Hi!

If you were looking foe a paper about improving vorbis compression by using
arithmetic coding and exploiting temporal redundancies (i.e. repeating sound)
you might have a look here:

http://web.interware.hu/rudas

Three ogg vorbis files were compressed losslessly, with compression ratios
between 2 - 8 % and compression time about 1/500 realtime (i.e. slow).
Theoretical upper bound of the compression for real music is estimated to be
between 10 and 20 % - further improvements to the methods are possible.

bye
Denes
--
---
What kills me, doesn't make me stronger.