[Vorbis-dev] Question on compiling.

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:22:59 PDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Shashank Khanvilkar <shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> in libvorbis/lib directory, I see a coupple of programs that do not get
> compiled. For example, barmel.c etc.
> I can ofcourse compile them through command line, but is there any
> easier way of doing this.
> I noticed that codebook.c can also be executed independently (it has a
> main function) . How can i do this?

There's no build system for this stuff. Some of them are developers
utilities (like barkmel.c), some are self tests (like the stuff you
saw in codebook.c, which is compiled out by default - only if
_V_SELFTEST is defined will that be executable).

It's pretty easy to write a makefile for that stuff; I often have one
in my development trees (but I don't here since this is a new
machine).

Mike