[Vorbis-dev] thoera for video and Vorbis for audio

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Apr 14 09:29:29 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 02:04:59PM +0100, Charles wrote:

> I was wondering what software to use in Linux to create video files with
> theora used for the video encoding and vorbis used for the audio
> encoding. Any one have a suggestion.

At the moment the best options are, ffmpeg2theora, the encoder_example
that comes with the theora library, optionally driven by the
theora_encode script that's been posted to the list, or the gstreamer
framework, driven by Uraeus' script.

Nothing ideal if you're looking for a nice gui encoder, but the
commandline tools work great.

 -r

P.S. Unfortunately the ffmpeg2theora site is down for a few days, but
you can get the source from http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/ffmpeg2theora/