[Vorbis-dev] copying an ogg stream

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Thu Sep 23 03:18:51 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Rupp" <crupp at umc-web.de>
To: "Ralph Giles" <giles at xiph.org>
Cc: <vorbis-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Vorbis-dev] copying an ogg stream

>> This is incorrect. Only the header packets have a granulepos of -1, and
>> pages that no packet ends on. That's at least part of the problem. I'm
>> not sure what's up with the ordering issues.

Isn't the granule pos for the 3 header packets supposed to be 0 ? (unless it
spans over a page, ie the codebook packet).

I'm guessing what happens is that whatever you muxed with, is putting data
on the same page as a header packet, hence the third packet (which should
have a zero granule pos and end a page) is getting a -1 stamp because it has
a partial data packet on it.

As for other changes, it probably because the page boundaries are not where
they were in the original... hence you are getting more -1 than are in the
original  file.

Zen.