[Vorbis-dev] copying an ogg stream

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Sep 21 13:15:47 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 12:31:01AM +0800, illiminable wrote:

> [...]

Breaking out packets is neither wrong nor complicated.  His appraoch
is conceptually clean and easy to manage.  I see no reason to
discourage it.

> Even if it does need to be packet accurate... only the last page need be
> broken up.
>
> If you only need page level accuracy... you can just add an empty page with
> the EOS flag set and the granule pos of the previous page... setting the

That would be pushing the bounds of what's legal under the spec.  I
don;t think the spec comes right out and says that intentionally
neglecting granulepos entries where there should be a valid entry is
illegal, but one could argue for the point.  Of course, software had
better behave either way.

Monty