[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis decoder sample code

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Sep 21 10:36:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 07:21:41PM +0530, Asheesh Vashishtha wrote:

> I read that tremor decoder has been especially optimized for embedded devices. I'd like to make use of
> this and incorporate Vorbis decoder within my application.
> In my app I just want to decode the encoded files, and play them OutLoud.
> But I don't know where to begin. I'd appreciate if anyone can provide some pointers towards
> sample Vorbis decoder source code, and its subsequent playback to wav files.
> Any simple decoder code would be greatly appreciated.

The latest tremor code is in (subversion) revision control at

  http://svn.xiph.org/branches/lowmem-branch/Tremor/

This is a webdav url; you can mount it directly if you don't want to
fiddle with svn.

> Has anyone implemented a Vorbis decoder on the Pocket PC platform. I'd be grateful if someone could provide
> me a link towards its source code.

Oh probably, but the included ivorbisfile_example code should be enough
to get you started. Not that Tremor has some arm optimizations, but not
really anything else at this point.

Hope that helps,
 -r