[Vorbis-dev] libogg 1.1.1 release

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Sep 12 21:22:28 PDT 2004

Everyone,

Pleased to announce the release of libogg version 1.1.1. This is a
bugfix release on last year's 1.1 release.

Source archives are available from our new download site:

  http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/ogg/libogg-1.1.1.tar.gz
  http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/ogg/libogg-1.1.1.zip

Maintained from the /releases subtree on svn.xiph.org. This release is
tagged in the repository as http://svn.xiph.org/tags/ogg/libogg-1.1.1/

CHANGES in Version 1.1.1 (2004 September 12)

 * various bugfixes
 * important bugfix for 64-bit platforms
 * various portability fixes
 * autotools cleanup from Thomas Vander Stichele
 * Symbian OS build support from Colin Ward at CSIRO
 * new multiplexed Ogg stream documentation

We generally recommend folks upgrade, but particularly Theora users and
users on 64-bit platforms.

MD5 checksums:

8bf662e5c330ce8d1f7067ed74c74f3e  libogg-1.1.1.tar.gz
a7524cf239630abe6331168b9bab7219  libogg-1.1.1.zip

SHA-1 checksums:

df8eb2523fcc9aef211b884983cb3a624fe657fb  libogg-1.1.1.tar.gz
10085a1ce0ab9327144221f3eafafd0044fa3c86  libogg-1.1.1.zip

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

A note about the release process. In the past we've generally tried to
coordinate the release with our packagers for all supported platforms.
Unfortunately, for reasons mostly to do with lack of volunteer time,
that's not been working lately, so we're switching to a more interative
approach. Thus, we believe the source is release quality, but I only
tested the build on linux and darwin; if there are updates required for
packaging for various distributions, or the windows or classic MacOS
builds, please commit them or send patches and we'll do another point
release. Rather than try and make rare releases perfect, we'll just
keep doing them until we're happy. This is a popular release mode for a
lot of open source projects, and I think it will serve us better for
the time being.

Cheers,
 -r