[Vorbis-dev] Problems on compiling deb from vorbis-tools trunk

Paulo J. S. Silva rsilva at ime.usp.br
Fri Sep 3 06:00:54 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have download the current vorbis and vorbis-tools trunk today using
subversion.

I am using debian testing and tried to build the debs using
dpkg-buildpackage. The process went smoothly with vorbis but failed with
vorbis-tools.

Being more specific to compile vorbis-tools I do:

1) Download source using svn co http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis-tools/
2) Run autogen.sh
3) Run dpkg-build-package

The compilation starts, but fails with the following message:

dh_install -s --list-missing
cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/bin/vcut': No such file or directory
dh_install: command returned error code 256
make: *** [install-arch] Error 1

I don't have the knowledge to debug this problem (it looks like vcut is
not being compiled), sorry. Does anyone have a hint?

Paulo

Obs: Please send me a copy of the answers, I am not subscribed to
vorbis-dev list.

--
Paulo José da Silva e Silva
Professor Assistente do Dep. de Ciência da Computação

e-mail: rsilva at ime.usp.br          Web: http://www.ime.usp.br/~rsilva

Teoria é o que não entendemos o    (Theory is something we don't)
suficiente para chamar de prática. (understand well enough to call)
                                   (practice)