[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis with SDL_mixer and mingw32

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 13 07:32:07 PDT 2004

In message <416D3299.50101 at ntlworld.com>
          John Edwards <john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> >mixer1.exe: entry point not found
> >The procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_halfrate could not be located in
> >the dynamic link library vorbis.dll.
> >

> Sounds to me like the dll you have has been compiled without that entry
> poiont - it should be there.

That's strange - the libraries I'm using are the ones from the Vorbis 1.0.1
SDK. That is to say, the one that's on vorbis.com at the URL:
<http://www.vorbis.com/files/1.0.1/windows/OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.1.zip>

What's even more interesting is that if I remove the OggVorbis
DLLs/libs/headers and replace them with those from the v1.0 SDK, everything
works fine. I suspect the v1.0.1 DLLs have been built incorrectly. The v1.0
(working) SDK I'm using is available from:
<http://www.vorbis.com/files/1.0/windows/OggVorbis-win32sdk-1.0.zip>

> The libs with the "_d" suffix are the debug libs.

Well, that makes sense... :)

Thanks.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem at philpem.me.uk              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,