[Vorbis-dev] Vorbis with SDL_mixer and mingw32

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 13 06:36:20 PDT 2004

Hi,
  I've been trying to build a copy of libSDL_mixer under mingw32. The
compile/link stage goes OK, but if I try and load an application that's been
linked against SDL_mixer, I get a Windows error box with the following text:

mixer1.exe: entry point not found
The procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_halfrate could not be located in
the dynamic link library vorbis.dll.

  Are the .lib files in the Vorbis SDK (v1.0.1) suitable for linking with
mingw? The libvorbisfile samples seem to work, but for some reason SDL_mixer
insists there's a missing entrypoint.

  Also, does anyone know what the difference between the "normal" library
files (e.g. libogg.lib/dll) and the library files with the "_d" suffix (e.g.
libogg_d.lib/dll) is?

Thanks.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem at philpem.me.uk              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,