[Vorbis-dev] Segfault in vorbis_book_decodevv_add

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Nov 30 14:49:06 PST 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 18:46, Maxime Guillaud wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm getting frequent segmentation faults (on the order of one every
> hour) while listening to the stream at
> http://62.93.224.180:15000/radio404.ogg . This is on FreeBSD 5.3 with
> everything installed from the FreeBSD ports (this means
> libvorbis-1.0.1), but I had the same issue with an older FreeBSD 5.1
> installation. The backtrace looks like :

This doesn't look familiar at all. Can you try it with a version of libvorbis
compiled with full debug symbols, so we can look at line numbers, etc? Also,
upgrading to libvorbis 1.1 would probably be worthwhile.

Of course, it could be something else entirely - like an xmms bug just
happening to stomp on some memory owned by libvorbis - but we don't want to
assume that.

> It's kind of hard to reproduce, since it's not so frequent, and does not
> happen while listening to local .ogg files. I couldn't find a tool to
> rip the stream to a file in order to further investigate this... Any
> ideas/advice ?

There are lots of tools you could use. "wget" is an obvious one - the stream
is just HTTP.

Mike