[Vorbis-dev] about OGG

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Nov 24 23:21:56 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 02:07:20PM +0800, Yuh-Chin Chang wrote:

>    I downloaded C codes from http://www.xiph.org/ for OGG codec development,
>  and I use MS Visual C. Could anyone please give me some clues about what the
>  other C & header files I should include in the project? There should be
>  some many files I need to put them all together for running OGG decoding
>  and have a good study of them. I am trying hard to understand the
>  specification and to re-write all the C codes in some fixed pointed DSP
>  assembly.

If you mean Ogg Vorbis (music) files, you want libogg and libvorbis.
That's all you should require.

Note however that there is already a fixed point decoder implementation,
which may be a better starting place for your DSP implementation. This
can be found at http://svn.xiph.org/branches/lowmem-branch/Tremor/

It is completely self-contained.

Hope that helps you. Please let us know if you have further troubles.

 -r