[Vorbis-dev] Questions about License and so on.

Rodrigo Gómez rgomez at tsradio.com.mx
Thu Nov 11 16:20:07 PST 2004

Hello there.

I'm seeing with a third party library vendor, wich creates components for
signal and audio processing for Delphi and BCB, the way to integrate support
for OggVorbis, but there are some license issues that I don't
know/understand.

In plain text: can he create and distribute a component that uses the code
available in the Windows SDK, either in the DLL presentation and/or the
OBJ/LIB way without any restrictions? Does his code will have to be GPLed?
As far as I undesrstand, there is no restrictions whatsoever with the use of
the vorbis software libraries, other than there is an acknowledgement to
Xiph.org for using the codec source, isn't? He is not trying to use or
distribute other parts of the SDK (i.e., not vorbistools, etc). The only
function of this components will be to encode or decode audio, nothing more.

Thanks for any help.

--
Rodrigo Gómez
http://rgomez.msa.com.mx/gallery/