[vorbis-dev] Re: Vorbis over RTP

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun May 30 06:48:45 PDT 2004

Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 03:20:50AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > It is very basic: it doesn't support grouping pages, is not much
> > easily configurable at all (I daren't try to modify xml parsing...),
> > but *it works* with a patched version of xmms, based on the mpeg
> > support available as patch on the net.
>
> Just to clarify, this is stuffing the ogg pages into rtp packets, and
> not am implementation of the (non-ogg) RTP draft we've been discussing?

Well, I wanted to follow the draft as much as possible, but I'm indeed
sending ogg pages and not just raw vorbis packets, because xmms' vorbis
plugin, without maybe-big modifications, really reads ogg streams. I'm
wondering whether a whole xmms plugin will actually be preferable (or
just re-ogging packets before giving it to the vorbis plugin for now).

Regards,
Samuel
PS: please Cc: me, as it seems I'm still not subscribed although I asked
for.