[vorbis-dev] RFC draft for Vorbis over RTP

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Wed May 26 16:26:56 PDT 2004

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

>It must be possible to dribble out the headers in litttle packets over a
>couple of seconds if configured.. Sending the entire headers ever n
>seconds as a linerate burst is unacceptable.

Well, if we go for dynamical codebooks, my suggestion would be a
solution to this:

Use RTCP packets to notify in advance about an upcoming codebook change
and add information about the codebook size and time until change in the
notification messages. This would allow HTTP clients to throttle the
download speed and make use of the available time to get the codebooks.

Tor