[vorbis-dev] granulepos start/end revisited

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Sun May 23 01:27:40 PDT 2004

<quote who="Arc Riley">

> We're on the same page there, brother.  I think people who use images
> for subtitles are a-moral spawns of the netherworld.  See the crew who
> put together the DVD subtitle format for a good example of this. :-)

Not to defend them too much, because it's a horrible encoding, but it's much
easier to make a cheap piece of hardware that supports subtitles in every
language if you don't have to include a font renderer and a font table
for every language. Decoding a RLE image and blending it is simple by
comparison.

J.

Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

ENOSIG