[vorbis-dev] Calculating vorbis packet durations...

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Tue May 18 02:59:37 PDT 2004

After a few other attempts at hacks to determine start times of pages, the
only other option left is to partially decode the packets in the demuxer in
order to give correct start time stamps after a seek.

Someone mentioned it was relatively easy to do without a full decode. I've
had a bit of a search in the mailing lists and on the web and can't find any
details about it.

What i need is to be able to calculate the duration of all complete packets
on a page such that i can subtract it from the end granule pos.

Can someone point me to some psuedo-code or actual code of how to do this ?
I assume the info needed is stored somewhere in the vorbis packet. I'm also
looking for the same information for speex also.

Thanks

Zen.