[vorbis-dev] embedding a lot of vorbis comments

Christoph Rupp crupp at umc-web.de
Tue May 11 10:03:12 PDT 2004

Hi Jack & Geoff,

> Since you are going to be writing your own player to interpret the
> comments, your hack is the quickest way to do this.  If it's for some
> wider distribution, your hack is probably not appropriate and you should
> do it the right way.

i know that it's a hack, and that players won't work unless i write my
own player. I would prefer to add a second, logical stream for my meta
information instead of abusing vorbis comments. but i'm not a guru
programmer and i have to admit that i have big troubles to understand
how to generate packets and write them to ogg pages... at least i
figured out how to change vorbis comments (thanks to the vorbiscomment
sources, but otherwise i would have been lost).