AW: [vorbis-dev] Reading OGG embedded in a pack file

Andre Krause post at andre-krause.net
Thu May 6 01:57:25 PDT 2004

i cant agree with this. templates for example are a great thing i use
since 1993. i love them. but pointers, especially function pointers, are
a pain.
and how can it be that in 2 weeks three different people (including me)
are flooding the mailing list with just the same problem, playing oggs
from an archive ? couldnt it be that just another variant of ov_open
could have avoided this? function pointers are just not comfortable.
and you are speaking like someone who does not respect the novice
programmers. learning and really understanding c / c++ is not a matter
of weeks, its a matter of at least months if not years. so if all
libraries would need the understanding of, for example,  function
pointers, a beginner would never take off programming in c. take me as
an example. i'm an average c++ programmer, who first learned basic and
then directly c++ without ever touching c or assembler. so i try to
avoid (still confusing) things like function pointers, dynamic type
casts and so on. i love to stick to templates, simple classes and
soetimes operator overloading. it is probably a fact of personal
development. if you grew up with c, you are very familiar with void* and
such.